Integrate Syncrosoft Metro Studio 2 in your development process.

As a lot of WPF developer, I love the free Metro Studio from Synchrosoft. Most of my WPF projects, professional or not, use at a moment or another Metro Studio as the icon source but also image source as they are scalable vector graphics. But, out of the box, the integration between Metro Studio and Visual Studio is not great. At the end of this article you’ll be able to regenerate dynamically your resource file on project build. Also you’ll be able to do this on a build server as we don’t actually need Metro Studio installed on the build machine for the generation.

The inline if statement in C# : Surprise !

Hi, I got a strange issue today I posted on stackoverflow. The Issue Here’s the situation, I’ve abstracted the name and logic to focus on the issue. Got 3 types, A, B and C. B & C have implicit operators defined to convert to A object. Then, when I do this, the code compile andContinue reading “The inline if statement in C# : Surprise !”

Automatic Recovery & Restart in .Net application

The goal here is to improve the reliability of a .net client application by managing cases where things goes wrong and the universe of your product fall on himself, for example due to memory corruption, unhandled exception, Stack/Memory/<place your stuff-Overflow and so on. The Issue In the current situation, when you want to know ifContinue reading “Automatic Recovery & Restart in .Net application”

Extract data from HTML page with XPath and Linq

As developer, we usually need to extract data from a html web page in our projects, but most of the time we try to find another solution due to the complexity of the task. Indeed, the classical approach would be to use regex or similar and try to find out our informations in the pageContinue reading “Extract data from HTML page with XPath and Linq”

Very simple plugin mechanism in C#

Once again I had to face the famous content aggregator problem. I already have done that on several project so I decided to write an article on that for the ones who wonders how to accomplish things like that. Background So, the situation is : I have a system, who consume several services, aggregate theContinue reading “Very simple plugin mechanism in C#”

Mono and Firebird : IOControl Not Implemented

 This is a repost from a question I asked on that I finally manage by myself… The issue I’m actually working on a project where I need to host a .NET webservice on a linux server hosting a firebird database. When I try to run the sample code from and call the method,Continue reading “Mono and Firebird : IOControl Not Implemented”

Send SMS in C# with Xamarin MonoForAndroid

I’ve started to develop android app’s in C# with the ubber great Xamarin MonoForAndroid framework which allow us to develop android apps in C#/.Net. If you don’t know it yet, take a look at their website, a truly great product 🙂 Anyway, I just share to you a little code snippet to send SMS fromContinue reading “Send SMS in C# with Xamarin MonoForAndroid”

Send a file trough bluetooth in C# with 32Feet.NET

Once again, another article about this little puppy called 32Feet.NET. In the previous article I show you how to download a file, now we will send a file to the remote device. Once again, proceed in two steps. First one, as in the previous article ( juste retrieve the BluetoothDeviceInfo object. And here’s the uploadContinue reading “Send a file trough bluetooth in C# with 32Feet.NET”